This morning, Sunday, Hezbollah launched a rocket attack on an Israeli force, killing one soldier and injuring others.
Israeli medical sources announced “the death of one of the injured in Shlomi in western Galilee.”
Al Jazeera’s correspondent quoted a Hezbollah source as saying “We have confirmed hits among an Israeli force in Shlomi.”
Earlier, the Israeli army acknowledged “at least four injuries in an anti-armor rocket attack from Lebanon on an Israeli border village.”
Moments later, the Israeli army said “An Israeli military border site was fired upon from Lebanon after the shelling of Shlomi.”
The Israeli army said a rocket-propelled grenade was fired at a military barracks for its soldiers in the upper Galilee. It added “Our forces are responding with artillery fire.”
The Israeli army said it continues to launch attacks on southern Lebanon in response to the gunfire.
Closure and ban
The Israeli army announced the closure of all areas within 4 km of the Lebanese border and a ban on movement there.
Al Jazeera’s correspondent reported that intense Israeli shelling targeted the vicinity of the town of Aita al-Shaab in southern Lebanon.
Hezbollah had recently announced the martyrdom of several of its fighters in Israeli shelling of southern Lebanon.
The Lebanese-Israeli border has witnessed increasing tension since the Palestinian resistance launched Operation Sword of Jerusalem last week, which killed about 1300 Israelis, including around 300 soldiers, as well as large numbers of prisoners, according to Israeli figures.
In response, Israel bombed homes, schools, hospitals and mosques in Gaza, killing more than 2,200 Palestinians, most of them women and children.