Dairy cattle breeding project: 7 steps to study the feasibility, what is the basic idea of the dairy cattle breeding project, and the most prominent factors for the success of the dairy cow breeding project.
The dairy cattle breeding project is one of the projects that have met with great success among investors, because of its many successes in more than one industrial field, including the production of red meat and dairy products of all kinds, irreplaceable purposes that users are always looking for.
The basic idea of the dairy cattle breeding project
It is necessary to provide the requirements of the project in order to be carried out from the beginning to the fullest, and in order to achieve many successes among the various projects, as the basic idea of the dairy cattle breeding project was based on the following:
- The beginning of the project must be based on 5 Friesian publican cows to benefit from milk in appropriate quantities.
- These types of cows also provide meat in large quantities, which brings a lot of profits to the entrepreneur.
- Marketing products in markets, where a person can finance the project himself or with the help of a partner in the same project.
- Purchase all the feed required for cows, machinery and equipment used in milking cows and producing large quantities of milk..
Feasibility study of dairy cattle breeding project
There are several requirements that a dairy cattle breeding project needs, which are accurately and perfected through 7 steps for a successful feasibility study that are developed by specialists in the field of dairy cattle breeding, as follows:
Place and area of the project
One of the most important items that must be provided and to ensure their presence with the required specifications, the place with the space that accommodates the number of cows and that allows obtaining abundant production, as follows:
- A livestock barn with large yards for breeding and full care of cows of all kinds.
- A place that is specially located as a compartment for the isolation of any cow on which the appearance of any disease is observed.
- A warehouse with special specifications and standards to store the quantities of feed that are sufficient for the number of cows present in the place for a period of time.
- A dedicated place equipped with refrigerators to store milk that is milked daily from cows, until it is marketed or processed into a number of different dairy products.
- Dedicated places where young newborn cows are received and fully cared for by specialists.
- Allocate a specific area for each cow, which must not be less than 15 to 40 square meters, although it is better for each cow to enjoy about 60 square meters.
- It is necessary for the sun to enter the place well for better health of cows, and not to give the opportunity for bacteria and germs to grow inside the farm and the bodies of cows.
Market Conditions Study
- Learn which species are most traded on the market, which are of the most interest to cow breeders on major farms, and what are the best.
- Friesian cows are one of the most dairy-producing species and where they can filter almost twenty kilos per day.
- Municipal cows can filter up to 6 kg of milk on a daily basis, not to mention the period during which Friesian cows produce milk can be up to 300 days.
- Municipal cows continue to produce milk for only about 200 days.
- Therefore, the most prominent breeds that can be raised in the project are jersey, ayrshire, Frisian, Dutch ringed, holstein, Danish and Guernsey.
Requirements for dairy cattle breeding project
There are many requirements without which the project cannot be established, including the ingredients and capabilities that cows need to be taken into account in a sound scientific manner, as follows:
- Concentrated feed, which has been well checked by the team of veterinarians responsible for the project.
- Green products, which are the main source of many vitamins and minerals for the cows within the project.
- A team of veterinarians supervising the project and following up on the health conditions of the project’s cow herd.
- A number of cow milking machines and taking out abundant and sterile quantities of milk that are marketed at profitable prices to increase the profits of the project.
- A set of relationships that are placed in front of cows and feed is placed in them in an orderly and sterile manner to prevent the transmission of diseases between cows.
- Water tanks to store pure water to provide safe drinking water for the herd, while placing important mineral salts in the water permanently.
Labor required for the dairy cattle breeding project
- One of the most important and prominent things that must be provided in the dairy cattle breeding project is the labor that provides full care for the cows on a daily basis.
- Where it is enough for the project in the beginning 3 workers who perform the most important jobs, including the cost and milker, as well as the cleaning worker in charge of daily farm cleaning.
- This is in addition to the management of the project mainly by the farm owner and not relying on any individual from the outside, for great attention.
Legal Licenses and Project Costs
- It is necessary to resort to one of the specialized lawyers with previous experience or any competent authority in the place where the farm is located.
- In order to obtain a license to practice the dairy cattle breeding project with the number of cows to be raised in the official papers and licenses.
- From the information about cattle breeding, it was found that the course is completed in one month from the beginning of breeding, that is, one year up to 12 cycles.
- In the beginning, you can start with 10 cows, the price of each is estimated according to the local market prices at the time of purchase, and rely on reliable places.
- Estimating the prices of veterinary drugs used in the project, which must be estimated according to the number of cows to be raised.
- It takes campaigns of advertising and advertising about the farm and how it produces unparalleled products through the right scientific breeding.
- Selling dairy products to consumers around the farm and delivering them to homes to ensure that they reach the customer in a safe framework.
- Contracting with factories, dairy processing plants, parents and relatives surrounding the farm in order to sell the entire production.
Sale of production from young cows
- After the end of the course, the cow can be sold to automated slaughterhouses, as a reliable source of red meat, which is sold at high prices.
- To provide a source of profit for the project, in addition to selling young calves one week after their birth, to cover expenses and achieve a high profit for the farm.
The most prominent factors for the success of the dairy cattle breeding project
There are a number of factors that underpin the success of the dairy cattle breeding project, including the following:
- Choose the best breeds with high-quality production and copious amounts of dairy.
- Providing veterinary medical staff to take care of the health of cows and follow them up moment by moment.
- Providing all appropriate environmental factors for cows, which give them the ability to coexist and adapt to the conditions of the place.
- Provide the appropriate amount of vitamins and mineral salts that provide the herd with all the nutritional supplements they need.
- Ensuring the provision of the best types of feed and paying attention to proper nutrition, to obtain ideal cows that generate a lot of profits for the project.
- If possible, the feed can be manufactured in-house with the help of a team of specialists, to save a lot of money and ensure the quality of the product.
- In addition to marketing dairy products from cows, part of them can be processed and converted into products that are utilized.
- As a small project within the core project, to generate additional income that helps in expanding and managing the parent project with high efficiency and professionalism.
We learned in detail about a comprehensive feasibility study for the best dairy cattle breeding project, and we also shed light on the most important factors that help the entrepreneur achieve great success and obtain amazing profits at lower costs, we would like to have been able to provide a lot of important information about our talk project today.